We explain why you cannot open a WhatsApp Business account for your pharmacy
E-commerce and social networks are now an integral part of every business in almost all sectors. The pharmaceutical sector is not far behind. The health emergency from Covid-19 has accelerated and made digitalization indispensable: when it is safer to stay at home, it is essential to reach your customers in all possible ways. Here because digital is the solution.
Digital tools are a great help in providing services but you need time and energy for management.
Caygri offers digital solutions. E-commerce to sell their products, management system for online reservations, such as booking the covid-19 vaccine. Institution platforms are certainly not known for being easy and intuitive, and less tech-savvy customers need help.
Last, not least, a messaging platform. WhatsApp is the app that about 33 million Italians use to send messages and for companies it has become an indispensable means of communication, given that the Menlo Park platform is increasingly implementing e-commerce features. Doctors frequently use Whatsapp to communicate with their patients, but there is a blockage for pharmacies.
If you install WhatsApp Business for your pharmacy, your account will be blocked because it “violated the platform's regulations”. WhatsApp Business and pharmacies, what is happening?
What is the business account
WhatsApp Business is the version of WhatsApp for companies. A WhatsApp Business account is the business channel and offers more than a private account. It should be noted that many pharmacists and / or other professionals and sellers use a non-business account for work. To communicate with their customers, sales and purchases and reservations are limited to the private account, depriving themselves of many WhatsApp Business opportunities. In addition to the photo / logo, you can enter the address with a map, opening hours, the various links to the website and member profiles and a brief description. Automatic systems for creating and sending simple messages, called chatbots, have been implemented and under development. A few examples? Message from bewelcome to new users or the automatic reply during closing times, etc.
Unfortunately, not all that glitters is gold. It is not possible for pharmacists to use a WhatsApp Business account.
Platforms like WhatsApp have supranational regulations (it is American, it respects the American rules, which it also puts into effect in Italy and so in the rest of the world, without taking into account the regulations of the single State). These regulations do not take into account the specificity of the single activity.
WhatsApp Business vs Pharmacies: the block
Le WhatsApp regulations to be respected, under penalty of permanent blocking:
- When selling goods or services, we consider that all messages and multimedia content relating to those goods or services, including any description, price, fee, tax and / or any additional information required by law, constitute transactions. Transactions must comply with the regulations listed below, applicable terms, laws and regulations.
- Companies may not transact in the sale of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs or drugs.
- Companies may not transact in the sale of unsafe ingestible supplements as determined by WhatsApp in its sole discretion.
- Substances prohibited on sale: Chitosan, symphytum, Blood, urine, human growth hormones, ephedrine, dehydroepiandrosterone
- Diets, weight loss products or other health related products that involve or attempt to generate a negative self-perception in people.
- Contact lenses, bandages and braces for physical injuries, thermometers, test kits for medical conditions or diseases, breast pumps, first aid kits.
All this if detected by the automatic WhatsApp spider leads to the blocking of the business account. For the customers, the account will be visible but you will be able to respond to their requests because it is blocked.
There are two plausible solutions in front of this scenario: use a private WhatsApp account but without the pros of a business account or implement an auto responder, like our BotinFarma.
BOTinFarma by Caygri is the automatic responder equipped with Artificial Intelligence, even when you are not available on the PC or the pharmacy is closed. Answer all your customers' questions directly from your Facebook page. Contact us now and find out how it works!