Coronavirus logistics: Poste Italiane
As for parcels and express courier, Poste Italiane - according to what is reported on their website - respects the security measures regarding the delivery process. Poste Italiane operators have been instructed to follow the guidelines for the prevention of contagion by maintaining a safety distance of at least one meter. Alternatively, another option was developed: a 5-number code to be communicated to the Poste Italiane employee to replace the signature for receipt.
Instead, we are talking about geographical areas where the delivery is limited and / or impossible. From the latest news available, Poste Italiane does not carry out collections and deliveries are problematic in the following areas:
- Rome 1,
- Turin 1 and Turin 2,
- Milan 4,
Furthermore, the complete block of bulky packages - over 25 kilograms - should be emphasized. This type of package is not available for collection and, more generally, the collection of packages that require more than one person for handling due to shape and / or size is blocked.
However, following the death of two Poste Italiane employees, the company is considering the total closure and blocking of services. Further updates will follow.
Coronavirus Logistics: GLS
GLS has just developed a methodology of delivery without signature so as to minimize human contact in the delivery process.
Regarding the problem areas, below is the list:
- Bergamo L4 (completely inoperative)
- Albino L6 (completely inoperative)
- Cividino L5 (completely inoperative)
- Pero M101 (completely inoperative)
- Civesio M104 (completely inoperative)
- Rho M4 (partially operational)
- Milan M1 (partially operational)
- Genoa G1 and Chiavari G103 (partially operational)
- Monza M6 (partially operational)
- Ardeatina R3 (partially operational)
- Brescia BS and Manerbio BS01 (partially operational)
- Rovato RT (partially operational)
- Mantova V2 (partially operational)
- Reggio Emilia E5 (partially operational)
- Pavia M7 (partially operational)
- Terni TR (partially operational)
- Rieti RI (partially operational)
- Bologna E3 and Room E301 (partially operational)
Coronavirus logistics: DHL
As regards DHL, on the other hand, strict sanitation measures have been implemented:
- One meter distance between people being delivered.
- The absolute prohibition of physical contact (handshakes and hugs).
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Coughing / sneezing using the elbow for protection.
- Limit contact with face (eyes, mouth, nose).
- Clean and disinfect surfaces very frequently.
According to the latest news, DHL should still be fully operational except for the subsidiaries of Bergamo e Brescia.
Coronavirus Logistics: BRT
BRT has updated the list of non-operational or reduced-operational branches. Collection and delivery activities are suspended in the following branches:
- Rovato (141),
- Brescia (093),
- Brescia center (173),
- Bergamo Osio (094),
- Bergamo Grassobbio (110).
Consequently, BRT does not deliver to neighboring municipalities.
Furthermore, BRT asks not to entrust goods destined for areas towards which a non-circulation ordinance has been issued (Ariano Irpino - AV and Medicine - BO).
BRT guidelines also extend to international shipments: no deliveries will be made to the following foreign countries - Switzerland, France, Spain, Austria, Slovenia, Lithuania, Poland and Germany. On the other hand, deliveries are made to the following countries despite heavy delays due to stringent customs controls: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Denmark and Hungary.
Coronavirus logistics: UPS
UPS guarantees service everywhere. However, it specifies that in the following areas shipments - in all probability - will suffer delays:
- Ariano Irpino,
- Athena Lucana,
- Consilina Room,
Coronavirus couriers: TNT
Regarding TNT, the following has been provided.
Generally speaking, shipments will most likely suffer, significant delays.
As regards packages over 68 kg (and shipments that are difficult to handle) there are limitations. In addition, the branches of Brescia, Orbassano, Bergamo e Alexandria they are inoperative (there is no possibility to collect or deliver).
Other branches with interrupted operations are scattered throughout the municipalities of Zibido, Genoa, Como, Monza, Milan and Bologna. In the same areas, however, there is the possibility that the service will be suspended. With regard to Modena e Vicenza international and collection services may be suspended.
Coronavirus couriers: Nexive
As for Nexive, this is the situation. The branches are all up and running with the exception of Brescia (closed until March 31st).
Nexive asks its customers to suspend shipments in these areas as not reachable by couriers due to the legislative order.
- Zip code 83030: Savignano Irpino, Aviano Irpino, Montaguto, Greci.
- Ganzanigo and Medicine (province of Bologna).
- Caggiano, Polla, Atena Lucana and Sala Consilina (province of Salerno).
5 tips for e-commerce
In this emergency period, we close the article with some practical tips for e-commerce.
- Start one collaboration with an offline retailer. These are in trouble because of the virus. By working together you can both increase sales and broaden your target audience. Think, for example, of discount promotions on some products of a local company, which you can release.
- Yes prepared and responsive to change. The scenario is constantly evolving, try to respond to change as quickly as possible.
- Make your e-commerce is ready to receive traffic. Ecommerce is growing - especially right now - make sure your site doesn't crash from too much traffic.
- Communicate and advertise at the right time. Supermarket shelves are stocked at regular intervals. If you're selling something that you can buy in a supermarket, advertising it in times of scarcity can be a good move.
- Try to offer flexibility in delivery. Don't rely on a single courier, especially during this time - because the scenario can change quickly.
Article taken from SendCloud